For information or Bookings Call 02 9980 1307 or 0407 922 092
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQ
Where are we located?
Eagleview Resort is located off Summer Hill Road in Vacy, approximately 10 minute drive from the township. It is part of Eaglereach Highland Park which also contains Eaglereach Wilderness Resort.
Are there dining facilities?
Yes you can enjoy the many local restaurants nearby. The nearest the Bistro in the Resort is a short walk or 2 minutes by car. Local Restaurants such as the Flying Duck Cafe in Vacy and the hotels and restaurants in Gresford, Paterson and Vacy are within 15 -20 minutes drive from the Resort.
Can I eat in my lodge?
Absolutely. Bring food supplies with you if you intend eating in. You can purchase some last minute items at the General Store in Vacy – down the mountain (10 mins drive) and more shops in the next town – Paterson, or major shops such as Coles and Woolworths which are located in the Greenhills Shopping Centre at East Maitland, just off the highway on your left or in Maitland itself..
What does each lodge offer?
- All lodges are equipped with an electric oven, cook-top, microwave oven and BBQ facilities for cooking. They also contain a fridge/freezer.
- Most lodges include complimentary tea, coffee, sugar, salt and pepper, glad wrap, foil, cooking oil, detergents.
- Linen, towels, soaps and detergents are provided in all lodges.
- Adequate quantities of white crockery, coffee/tea mugs; glasses (wine and water) and cutlery. An extensive range of kitchen utensils including: cork screws, can openers, scissors, serving spoons, graters, peelers, chopping boards, serving bowls, platters etc, are included.
- Saucepans, toaster, microwave dishes, baking trays, BBQ utensils, and kitchen knives are provided.
- Garbage bags; paper towels; tea towels are all provided
- The laundry has a washing machine, iron, plus laundry powder, washing basket and pegs.
- A First Aid Kit is provided in most lodges.
- Please bring your own beach towels if you intend swimming in the pool located in the Central Resort facilities– across from the bistro restaurant..
- Hairdryers provided in each bathroom plus complimentary soap, shampoo, and conditioner.
- Please bring your own picnic basket and rugs etc if you intend to use the BBQ facilities in the Resort itself.
- Please bring your own CD’s and DVDs. There is a selection of DVD’s and CD’s provided is some of the lodges.. You can rent DVD’s from the Vacy General Store if required.
- Tennis racquets and balls and fishing gear is provided in some lodges. It is recommended you bring your own equipment.
- Bring your own canoes or kayaks if you intend canoeing/kayaking in Goonarook Lagoon. Also bring your own trail bikes.
- When using the walking trails ensure you wear good quality footwear that provides a good grip and protective clothing. Take plenty of water, sunscreen and insect repellent as required.
- There is a pay phone in the Central Resort games room although most visitors use their mobile phones. The Telstra tower installed within the Retreat Trig Station lookout area provides good mobile phone and wireless reception generally, although there are some dead spots particularly on the walking trails
- Free to air television reception is very good in most lodges, although there are some dead spots in the lodges down from the escarpment. Pay TV and internet access is included in some lodges..
- As there is no chemist facility close-by please bring any medications you many need.
- Please – NO SMOKING IN THE LODGES. Please dispose of cigarette butts safely as fire danger is ever present.
- ABSOLUTELY NO LIGHTING OF ANY OPEN FIRES AROUND THE LODGES.
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR FEEDING OF NATIVE ANIMALS: Please refrain from feeding the native animals as most such as the kangaroos and wallabies have difficulty digesting carbohydratres such as bread.
Booking and enquiries:
02 9980 1307 / 0407 922 092[email protected]
Eaglereach Highland Park, Vacy NSW 2421.